Thank you for searching out the Amport Parish website, hopefully you will find some useful information and learn a little bit more about this community. My name is Ian Long and I serve as chairman of the Parish Council, it is a council of eleven, including our clerk, Mrs Suzanne Hoare. We are an eclectic team and our diversity reflects that within our community.
The Parish Council is the first level of civic governance, we are a non-political group and whilst the primary aim is to set the precept and have an overview of maintenance etc., we believe our motivation is to promote community cohesion. I hope you might like to get involved and we welcome anybody who wishes to sponsor a project, or simply help out when we are clearing, cleaning or in council.
Meetings are normally held in Amport and Monxton Village Hall at 7:30pm on the 3rd Tuesday of each month. Members of the public are always welcome.
Ian Long – Chairman
Parish Council Activities
Parish Council activities fall into these main categories:
- Representing the local community
- Delivering services to meet local needs
- Improving quality of life and community wellbeing
- Local councils can provide and maintain a variety of important and visible local services including allotments, bridleways, bus shelters, car parks, commons and open spaces, community transport schemes, community safety and crime reduction measures, events and festivals, footpaths, leisure and sports facilities, litter bins, planning, street cleaning and lighting, tourism activities, traffic calming measures, village greens and youth projects.
- Parish councils receive funding by levying a ‘precept’ on the council tax paid by the residents of the parish. Parish councillors are unpaid and are elected to serve for four years.
Local County Councillor (Andover West)
Zilliah Brooks (Conservative)
Local Borough Councillor (Amport Ward)
Ben Few Brown (Independent) – 07889 806707
Member of Parliament (North West Hampshire)
Kit Malthouse (Conservative)
Parish Council Meetings
- The next meeting is on Tuesday 23 May at 7.30pm in the Monxton & Amport Hall – agenda
- Submit a Point for discussion at the Parish council meeting to either Mr Ian Long or Mrs Suzanne Hoare.
- Minutes of parish council meetings – Annual 2017 April 2017 March 2017 Archive
- APC Standing Orders (rules of conduct for councillors)