Minutes – May 2019

Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on MAY 21ST   2019 at 7-30 pm in the Amport and Monxton Village Hall

Present; Ian Long – Chairman, Stephen Coke, Tessa Hawkings-Byass, Chris Harris, Jill McAvoy, Allan Maddern, Angela Reckitt, and Suzanne Hoare (Clerk)

HCC Councillor Zilliah Brooks and TVBC Councillor Maureen Flood

No members of the public attended

 Apologies; Caroline Unwin – Village correspondent,

                                                                                                                             Action

  1. Welcome  

 

  1. Election of Officers
  • The clerk called for nominations for the post of Chairman

Ian Long was proposed by SC and seconded by CH – All in favour

  • IL proposed Chris Harris as Vice Chairman seconded by JM -All in favour
  • IL proposed Allan Maddern as the Finance Officer seconded by SC, IL and the Clerk to form the committee – All in favour
  • IL proposed Jill McAvoy as the Footpaths Officer seconded by SC – All in favour
  • IL proposed Chris Harris as the Green and Fen Officer seconded by AM- All in favour
  • IL proposed Angela Reckitt as the Schools Liaison Officer seconded by T H-B – All in favour
  • IL proposed Tessa Hawkings-Byass as the Communications Officer seconded by AR All in favour 

 

  1. Declaration of interests  none 

 

  1. The minutes of the previous meeting and matters arising

The minutes of the previous meeting were proposed by AM and seconded by CH

IL made a public thank you to Ben Few Brown who lost in the recent election by one vote, B F-B had represented the Ward for the past 8 years.

IL welcomed one of our new TVBC councillors, Maureen Flood.

MF explained her role and the changes to the committees within planning at TVBC.

MF has experience as a councillor having represented Abbotts Ann previously before the change to a larger ward -ANNA which has 2 borough councillors, Amport’s second councillor is David Coole.

  • IL stated that he was awaiting a response to an e mail to Southern Water concerning the pumping and flooding problems along the length of Pill Hill Brook. Discussion took place as to whether a combined approach should be adopted by all parishes. The Environment Agency will be contacted regarding this problem as contaminated ground water often comes up out of the drains.

Frustration was expressed that this problem seems no nearer being solved than it did 5 years ago.

  • Di Darbyshire will make the new warning signs for both ends of the track through the fen. The sign will highlight safety re boardwalk and the deeper water within the fen CH
  • Monxton won the recent village football match 2-0
  • The remaining funds in the Solar Project will be merged with Capital projects within the budget giving a total of £7200

 

  1. Principle and Process SC

SC was asked to take the Southern Water problem to the next TVAPTC meeting.

Another perennial concern for discussion in that forum would be Highways – SC asked to further this issue

The completed election expenses forms were collected for dispatch to TVBC along with the renewed Register of Pecuniary interest forms. 

 

  1. Website

T H-B said she need another session with Mark to improve some pages but was happy putting general information on the website.

Photos of the NGS Open Gardens will be posted when approval has been given. 

 

  1. Communication -An ongoing item, T H-B will update at the next meeting. 

 

  1. The Green and Fen

CH asked if the committee felt the grass should grow on the bank by the road – consensus – yes.

Wild flowers will be added to the bank to supplement the daffodils.

ROSPA report – the swings were identified as having a problem, the clerk to ask TVBC to come and repair this item.

CH reported that some ground repair was still needed around the play equipment and £50 was approved (by all) to spend on new turf

CH reported that Fawns – the supplier of the new play equipment also undertake ROSPA safety checks. A quote for next year will be obtained.

Watercress and Winterbournes- Maggie Shelton would like to visit Mullens Pond -CH to effect introduction.

 

Highways

The problems with ditch erosion alongside the Green and the lack of suitable passing places in Wiremead Lane still continue to cause concern.  ZB offered to meet with the clerk to get a better understanding of the problems and take them forward to the Highways Dept. 

 

Footpaths

The first cut of the footpaths will take place at the end of May/first week of June dependent on the weather and growth on the paths.                                                                             JM to organize

The footpath sign has been straightened at Church Path, it is expected that Mr. Pearce will continue his work and place the netting on the Millennium steps down onto Sarson Lane.

 

9a Planning applications

None

 

9b Planning results

17/00777/FULLN Reinstatement of northern boundary garden wall Manor farm East  Cholderton PERMISSION  

19/00543/FULLN Erection of 2-meter-high fence Red Bluff Sarson lane  PERMISSION

19/00697/TREEN Fell 1 beech, fell 1 sycamore Malt house East Cholderton PERMISSION 

 

  1. Finance

AM presented a report on the budget to the council and detailed suggestions to the layout of the accounts , these will be adopted.

AM further detailed the clerk’s salary and explained the increase in the NALC rates, the significant rise this year is due to the increasing influence of the national minimum wage and its effects on lower rates of pay within Government pay scales.

The Audit was then discussed as follows.

  1. The internal audit has been completed and was available for councillors to review
  2. Section 1 of the External audit – which had previously been circulated – was approved by the Parish Council and signed.
  3. Section 2 of the external audit showing the Accounts as presented at the April Meeting was approved by the Parish Council and signed by the Chairman and RFO.
  4. The External Audit papers will now be sent for review to the Auditors and the results will be made available at the September meeting.
  5. Notices will be posted on the website and in the Parish inviting anyone living in the Parish to inspect the accounts for a period detailed in July. – These will be in place by June 11th.

The following cheques were signed at the meeting or before by CH or AM – all were approved by the council.

Account Service Cheque

number

Date Payee Amount

£

Administration Accounting 001465 21/05/19 MJ Startup 180.00
Green Grass cutting 001466 21/05/19 Mr Welch 238.00
Administration

 

Administration

Clerks salary

May

Clerks salary

001468

 

001467

21/05/19

 

21/05/19

S A Hoare

SA Hoare Back pay

364.85

 

71.70

Administration Insurance 001469 21/05/19 Came &Co 568.97
Green Safety Inspection 001470 21/05/19 ROSPA Playsafety 94.80
  1. Chairman’s report
  • The search continues to try and find a suitable site north of the A303 for a set of  swings or some other piece of play equipment for local children.

IL has visited Snoopers Bazaar to see if a site might be available there – this did not seem likely

Rosebourne initially said no – but with the recent granting of permission to extend the plant sales area, there might be a change of heart.

The site adjacent to Michaelmas drive might be worth re-visiting as the PC would not seek to own the land just erect a simple piece of play equipment.

A further site might be adjacent to the Millway Care home – clerk to ask

  • After the last meeting 17 invitation letters to join the Parish Council were sent to households in the west of the Parish in the Quarley area, sadly no replies were received.
  • An invitation has been extended via Rose Wareham to anybody in the Sarson close area who might wish to join the PC.
  • A stand /display will be erected at the Fete inviting anyone with an interest in the Parish to join the PC.  

 

  1. AOB

IL commented on the improvements at the Graveyard – this was down to a recent working party of volunteers

IL – please bring forward any projects for funding

Meeting closed at 9-05pm

Date of next meeting JUNE 11TH

 

 FURTHER DATES FOR 2019

SEPT 17TH

OCT 15TH

NOV 19TH

DEC 10TH