Amport Parish Council

Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting held on December 12th 2017 at 7.30 pm in the Amport and Monxton Village Hall

Present; Ian Long – Chairman, Nicholas Hoare-Vice Chairman, Stephen Coke, Chris Harris, Jonny Kitson, Allan Maddern, Angela Reckitt, and Suzanne Hoare (Clerk)
Apologies; Jill McAvoy, Gary Benton TVBC Councillor Ben Few Brown, HCC Councillor Zilliah Brooks
Caroline Unwin – Village correspondent was present
No members of the public attended

  1. Declaration of interests – none declared
    The minutes of the November meeting were proposed by CH and seconded by AM
  2. The minutes of the previous meeting and matters arising
    • TVBC reported that the dog bin chosen by APC was currently out of stock.
    • Broadband – no information has yet come back to the PC from our MP Kit Malthouse – clerk
    • Footway alongside Amesbury Road, Weyhill – ZB can you please follow up on our initial request for repair
    • The quote has been accepted to repair the notice board outside the Hawk – awaiting work
    • A completed user form from the fitness instructor is needed clerk/AR
    • Fairways results of survey
      6 replies were received from 30 questionnaires delivered to the residents at Fairways. These were split with 4 registering problems, and 2 suggesting there were no problems. A rat and fly problem were mentioned and security lighting seemed to be an issue.
      IL to await further replies and then visit owners of site and suggest changes to resolve any issues.
  3. Principle and Process
    SC attended the meeting held by TVBC concerning the boundary review, he felt that TVBC were treating the review as very low key and were not looking for big changes. He suggested at the meeting that parishes could become very predatory which would result in a lot of bad feeling.
    The PC considered that the boundary whilst not ideal was workable and sought to represent all members of the parish regardless of their address. A vote was taken not to suggest any changes.
  4. Website
    AR stated that there was no need for the website to seek funding via the INRG fund.
    David Preston has taken on the editorship of the Parish News and to ease his work load the website will be updated by Mark Barrett who has moved into the village. Mark previously worked on the upgrade and will continue to develop the website for the Parish.
    There may be funding from other agencies for the website AR/JM to investigate.
  5. INRG Solar Project funds
    The minutes of the meeting held to discuss the bids for funding were circulated ahead of the meeting. See attached.
    It is proposed that £19,500 be distributed and the remaining £5,500 held for further projects.

    1. Propose giving £5,000 to Church heating fund – vote was 7-0 in favour of making this donation. It is subject to the sight of relevant invoices within 180 days of the work starting.
    2. Propose giving the Amport and Monxton Village Hall a donation of £4,750 to the new heating required. AMCC to match this donation. Vote in favour 7-0
      A request from AM was made to confirm ownership of the hall before payment bid made AR
    3. Propose giving the Village green play equipment fund £5,000
      The PC to retain final decision on placing any new equipment 7-0 in favour.
    4. Propose giving the Cricket Club £1,000 for new nets. 7-0 in favour of this donation.
    5. Amport School has asked for £3,500 to finalise refurbishment project, this funding to be matched by AMCC 7-0 vote in favour of this donation.
    6. Village map project on going. White gates on going. Speed monitoring system on going.
  6. Neighbourhood Plan
    CH stated that he would look into the idea of undertaking a Neighbourhood plan.
  7. Reports
    The Green
    The fallen trees in the Millstream area need work, Tony Darbyshire will lead a work team over the weekend of 26/27 January. Volunteers again please at the Green both mornings.
    Up to £200 was approved for costs relating to this work.
    New trees will be planted behind the gym equipment. Kieron Beattie will be asked if he can supply these   clerk
    Footpath
    The cuts are complete for the year and all footpaths remain in good condition, if a little muddy.
    Thanks, were expressed to GB for the fencing repairs to the millennium footpath.
    Highways
    IL has again photos of the flooding on Wiremead lane and will consult with Mr Lawton at Highways.
    Several other items will be brought to HCC Highways attention, these need urgent consideration.

    1. Wiremead lane – passing places, pot holes and general bad drainage
    2. The verge subsidence and disappearance alongside the Green.
    3. The road markings near and outside the school entrance as well as the bad surface opposite the school.
    4. The Stop marking proposed but never implemented on the slip road from the west bound A303 at Mullens Pond east Cholderton.
    5. The drainage ditch near the phone box on the Green is suffering from subsidence very close to the road with a potential to cause sinking of the road surface, outlet pipes need lengthening.
    6. Flooding near the pumping station at Mullens pond, road never properly repaired.
    7. Nothing has been heard of regarding the lengths man. clerk to follow up
  8. Planning Applications
    • 17/02481/VARV    Vary condition 3 on 14/03017/FULLN (Installation of 5MW ground mounted photo-voltaic solar   arrays with transformer stations, internal access track, biodiversity enhancement, landscaping, stock fencing measures, access gates and ancillary infrastructure) replacing approved drawings to allow additional supports. Land at Lains Farm NO OBJECTION
    • 17/03107/FULLN   Erection of conservatory at Thornbury Dauntsey lane     NO OBJECTION
  9. Planning results
    • 17/02415/FULLN Construction of new dwelling in existing garden to provide a 2-bedroom bungalow with integral single garage and associated external works – Lindsey, Fyfield Road, Weyhill                     PERMISSION
    • 17/02734/TREE Weeping Willow – Reduce crown to 12 meters high and 8 meters spread, Weeping Willow – Reduce crown to 12 meters high – The Cottage On The Green, The Green, Amport   NO OBJECTION
  10. Finance
    The following cheques were signed at the meeting by CH and AM – all were approved by the council.
    The results of the budget setting meeting were distributed prior to the meeting and after a brief discussion the vote was 7-0 in favour if setting the same precept next year of £11,500.
    The Project subcommittee AM/JK/AR will propose items for the capital funding each year.
    Mr Welch cutting Green NOV                    £132.00
    SA Hoare DEC                                               £245.50
    Felix Hammer bus shelter cleaning             £25.00
    Mr Bushnell bus shelter cleaning                 £48.00
  11. Chairman’s Report

    • David Cornell has asked if a football match can take place again on the Green on Dec 28th
    • The form to be completed by applicants wishing to use the Green for a private event was updated this form will now be sent to Mrs Helen Walker regarding her daughter’s wedding next year
    • The information regarding the opening of the Andover Lugershall railway was discussed, including the potential for the Weyhill station to be re-opened. if you are interested in becoming involved with this project please let IL know before the next meeting. ALL
    • There will be a fund-raising event for the village hall on Sept 15th next year on the Green
    • Salt bins – all appear to be full, the one in Amport opposite the end of Wiremead lane, blows open perhaps this can be modified in some way.
    • Security fencing is necessary in the cottage undergoing enlargement work near the Hawk
    • A new member for the PC is actively being sought

     

  12. AOB   none

Merry Christmas
Meeting closed at 9.30 pm

Dates for next year
16th January
20th February
20th March
17th April
15th May
19th June

No meetings are generally held in July or August.